We appreciate the importance of protecting your personal information and recognise the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us.
DIYHQ is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
Non-confidential communication – All information, ideas, suggestions or other communications you transmit to DIYHQ concerning the materials contained in this web site shall be on a non-confidential basis. DIYHQ and its affiliates shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute such communications without limitation or obligation.
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, DIYHQ may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
* provide the products and services you have requested
* administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
* research and develop DIYHQ service offerings
* gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for DIYHQ to provide you with a better service
* provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future service offerings
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above, DIYHQ may disclose your personal information to third party organisations. The organisations to which DIYHQ discloses information may include:
* external service providers to whom DIYHQ has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service DIYHQ has contracted out
* Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
* DIYHQ related companies
* other professional bodies
DIYHQ takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
* let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
* keep us up to date with changes to your information
DIYHQ will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
DIYHQ’s personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
You can access your personal information
Individuals will be able to access their personal information by contacting the staff at DIYHQ.
Upon request DIYHQ will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act. If you would like access, please make your request in writing for security reasons.
Individuals can access and update their contact details via the website.